Arcola Municipal Court processes Class C misdemeanor criminal cases, including traffic violations for which the maximum fine upon conviction does not exceed $200.00 and $500 to $2,000.00 for violation of City Ordinances. Our court has arranged a list below of general options when dealing with Class C tickets and offenses below. If you have any questions or concerns about citations please contact the Municipal Court.
Arcola Municipal Court Dockets
OPTION #1 - PLEAD NO CONTEST OR GUILTY AND PAY THE FINE:
Please be aware that unless you are scheduled for a court date that day, you will not be able to speak with the judge or prosecutor about your case.
Please be aware that if you choose to pay a traffic citation by arranging a payment plan or just paying off the violation, the citation will go on your driving record.
OPTION #2 - REQUEST A TRIAL OR ARRAIGNMENT
You must schedule a court date if you are interested in requesting a deferred disposition.
OPTION #3 - REQUEST DRIVING SAFETY COURSE (DSC)
Please note: this process must be completed before you take the Driving Safety Course. If you fail to request driving safety course by the response date on your citation you will lose this option.
1. You have a valid Non-CDL Texas Driver’s License,
2. You have evidence of Texas financial responsibility in your name (liability insurance),
3. You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 miles per hour over the speed limit,
4. You are not charged with a violation occurring in a construction zone or school zone
5. You have not taken a Driving Safety Course within the last 12 months to dispose of a citation. (Calculated from the date of course completion to the date of your current citation.)
1. Required fee ($107 by mail or $110.21 with credit or debit card)
2. A copy of your valid Texas Driver’s License.
3. A copy of your liability insurance card.
CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING A CITATION
Failure to complete one of the three options shown above on or before the response date on the front of this citation will result in:
1. A failure to appear charge or a violation of promise to appear charge and warrant issued for your arrest.
2. A request to the Texas Department of Public Safety for the denial of driver license renewal.
Special Cases and Juveniles
Please contact Arcola Municipal Court for special instructions for such cases.